Sunday, July 15, 2007

Finally...a creation!


Yes, you read correctly! In fact, I'm going to have 3 creations to share over the next few days. I don't know exactly when I'll get to it because my parents will be in town later tonight (Sunday) through Wednesday morning. I had a lot of fun making these! On splitcoast I am part of the wish rak forum and they are having an altered august exchange. They gave me a name (but it's a secret) and I am to create some altered items. I created 3 different ones. The first I am going to share is an altered clipboard. I followed the tutorial on splitcoast but I struggled with not getting the paper to bubble. Any suggestions on this. I have another one that I am making for myself but all I have done so far is paint that one. Here are the details for the clipboard.

Paper: The Paper Patch designer paper
Ink: white acrylic craft paint
Accessories: ribbon (says Live, Laugh, Love), green binder clips, green primas, and colorbok adhesive "bling" (oh, and mod podge- which I hate!) Enjoy and if you have made any of these please share a link so I can check them out!

2 comments:

Risa said...

To answer your question about the bubbles that you get from using the Modge Podge, which I also hate. Try using an adhesive spray and quite a few people use their Xyron machine. From what I understand bothe of these methods work great and you don't have the mess.

Maria said...

I agree with Malieta with the adhesive spray. The Modge Podge causes bubbling when you don't apply glue evenly and thoroughly or parts of the glue dries before the paper is applied on to the clipboard.

Nonetheless, I love your clipboard. I love the stripe design.

Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...