Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blog Challenge




Bela at Bela's Creating Place had three color challenges to try to win a High Hopes stamp for some blog candy to celebrate her 10,000 hits. Here were my three:


The baby card was for the challenge with the sheets. I used a House Mouse image from the PIF thread and Graceful Words from SU. I used

Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, white, and barely banana paper. Ink: bashful blue, certainly celery, barely banana, koh-i-noor pencils, prismacolor pencils. Accessories: cuttlebug bg, dimensionals,

The penguin card was for the challenge with the hammock. I loved that hammock and thought the stripes fit in well with the stripes on the hammock. The images was from the PIF thread and is by Imaginesce. The sentiment comes from PaperTrey Ink= PaperTray. I used Regal Rose, So Saffron, Chocolate chip, creamy caramel, and white paper. I used black, pumpkin pie, summer sun, regal rose markers and white craft ink. Accessories- primas (colored with the regal rose marker) and brads. this was using Julee's MOJO42 sketch

The third card I made using SC179 over on SCS. I struggled with it at first because I didn't feel like it was "enough" but I cuttlebugged the bg with Stylized Flowers and that helped. Then I handwrote the "joy" sentiment but messed up so I had to use a circle punch to cover up my mistake! I finally got one that I was okay with. I used Funny Flowers by Peachy Keen Stamps (also from the PIF thread). I used Wild Wasabi, white, soft sky, and groovy guava paper. My inks were black, cameo coral, summer sun, soft sky, and prismacolor markers. Accessories were mega circle, giga scallop, extra jumbo circle. I also doodled on the strips. I ended up using the green from the trees, the apricot/guava from the chair covers, and the blue in the water as my inspiration. This was for the outdoor party scene.

Thanks for looking and I'll be back in a bit to tell you "wins" the envies of goodies.

3 comments:

Bunny B said...

Lovely cards! My fave is the Baby one :)

Kathy W said...

I agree with bunny; all cute cards, but I especially like the baby one. Thanks for sharing!

Patsy said...

Great job, Tami. I love all your cards. I am sorry to hear about your friends in the post 2 above this one. I will include them in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...