Monday, November 5, 2007

first post from my new computer


I am making my first post from my new computer! The place where I purchased it from doesn't automatically place the modem in the computer so I couldn't access the internet for a few days because my wireless isn't connected yet. So, I went and purchased an external modem (a little more expensive than internal but way easier for me to hook up)and am good to go for now! We'll see how fast it uploads my pic and see if it makes any difference being on this computer compared to my laptop from school. They are both dial-up so there may not be difference.

Anyway, this card was made for a specific person and I'm pretty sure that she doesn't read my blog so I'll go ahead and mention her. It's Michelle Giraud (aka flaxychick). Over on the MFT member company forum Kim was doing a "contest" of sorts. The DT for MFT created a bunch of cards to be auctioned off on ebay for the Think Pink promotion/providing funding for Breast Cancer Research. Kim asked people to place a guess of what the final bid would be. Michelle was actually the closest but she told Kim to pay it forward to me! I was so honored to be a part of a community that has members who do things like this. I was able to pick a stamp set from a set group. I'm really looking forward to playing with my new stamps.

So, in the spirit of Paying it Forward I would like to put this challenge/travel snack out there. I'm going to pay forward 5 stamped images of each of my bellas (PMSabella and Clickabella as well as Globerottabella-not new but hasn't been used yet). I also have javabella, teachabella, and barbella. That would 30 stamped images (I also have sentiments to go along with a couple of them). I will also send a RAK to the first person who posts. I will use a random generator (aka drawing names out of a hat) for the bella images and a surprise on Friday, November 9 around 10 pm. Then, if you have a blog I would like to challenge you to pay it forward! By the way, the RAK will not have been made by me- it was made for me to specifically use to RAK others!

Details on the card:
Stamps: True Friend, PaperTray by PaperTrey Ink
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Real Red, White, Basic Black
Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Clear Stardust Pen, cuttlebug (rak'd from someone)
I also used the DTP technique on the edges to distress it a bit. I also used one of Julie's Mojo Monday sketches- I'll come back and edit the post for the correct one.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Let the next person have the RAK ;)

Congrats on the new computer and getting the modem running. Sometimes "better" technology isn't. When my wireless keyboard died suddenly we bought a regular keyboard to replace it and it has run much better than the high tech wireless.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Congrats on your new computer!

What a sweet card to pay it forward with.

:-)

Crafty in Calgary said...

Beautiful card! Love the use of the CB folder for some more dimension too!

Michelle Giraud said...

This is such a pretty card! I hope you liked the goodies from Kim at My Favorite Things.... glad to pass it along to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...