Thursday, July 5, 2012

July Spotlight, a Card, and some Randomness

Okay- three things to address here- it's late, I'm tired so I'm addressing them in an outline format ;)

First, July 1 started a new spotlight for the month of July.  You can see the details in the flyer below.  Personally, I don't have any of these sets so no cards to show you but they made some fun activities in the photos below (a memory game is one of them) and my favorite thing- they are Olympics related!  I love that- I'm looking forward to the upcoming summer Olympics- I still remember back in 1984 watching Mary Lou Retton and gymnastics- what a fun memory! 



Second, a card- I have several cards that I need to blog- I'm going to really try to do much better about blogging- I really do enjoy it but I need to actually sit down and take the time to put the cards here.  I'll work on it!

Recipe: (all products are a*muse|studio)
Stamps- Contemporary Greetings
Ink- black
Paper- sugar, cherry polka dot, blueberry polka dot, buttercup polka dot
accessories- scallop edge die
 

Third, this one is a little different- my brother in law is running in races as part of the Team in Training for Leukemia and Lymphoma.  He is a leukemia survivor and is using that to fuel this passion.  He is fundraising as part of that and I would like to help him.  I already have some set aside to donate BUT here's what else is going to happen.  As many who read my blog know I sell for a direct sales company called a*muse|studio- it is my "crafty" money to help support my hobby as best as I can.  However, for the months of July and August I am offering half of my commission to his fundraising efforts (that's 10%).  For every order placed (through me or my website in the months of July- half of what I  make will go toward him at the end of August.  On top of that- I think I'll have a little drawing- everyone who does place an order will go into the drawing for a stamp set- I don't know yet what set it will be (maybe winner's choice up to a certain dollar amount?  maybe a specific one?).  I will draw for the stamp set on the day I announce the amount of the donation.  I would LOVE to donate a nice little sum towards the research and his fundraising efforts.  He has worked extremely hard to get to this point.  He has no idea I am doing this (and Janna if you read this- do NOT tell him). 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...