Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zephaniah

I know some of you will NOT be surprised by this and others of you may be saying- WHAT?  You see, Zephaniah 3:17 is my absolute favorite verse- so much so it is my email address- here is the NIV translation of this passage (and probably my favorite translation)

"The LORD your God is with you,
   he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
   he will quiet you with his love,
   he will rejoice over you with singing.”

You see- when I first heard this verse I was struggling- it was back in 2002.  I remember it very clearly.  Our church was going through The Purpose Driven Life study and this was mentioned in one of the sermons.  Our pastor described it as the same type of thing as a little child who grabs hold of her (or his) daddy's hands and twirls around while standing on his feet.  I have a great relationship with my earthly father and have watched his dependence on God and his steadfastness in his faith.  But NOTHING compares being able to go to my heavenly Father and grabbing on to his hands and letting him rejoice over me and in those times of turmoil (such as recently) to quiet me with his love.  This verse is so rich and so anytime I see a stamp/stamp set with this verse- it quickly gets added to my stamp library (or at least my wish list).

As we bring April to a close- I hope those of you who have found your way here through the Blogging A to Z challenge you will stick around- I still have many more blogs to visit as the end of the month got kind of crazy.  I pray that you will send your friends this way and if there's every anything I can help with- stamping wise or life wise you will give me a holler- I would be honored to help out in any way I can.

Recipe-
Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs (this was a customer set and I received this set because I suggested this verse)
Ink- Navy
Paper- Navy, bubblegum polka dot, sugar
Accessories- pearls, butterfly die trio, nestabilities


Recipe
Stamps- Verve Stamps (Plain Jane)
Ink- Watermelon
Paper- Watermelon, grass, sugar, mme
Accessories- twinkle sticker, butterfly die trio, dimensionals, scallop border die

I will be taking a blogging break on Tuesday (May 1) but will be back on Wednesday, May 2 with a card for the a*muse|studio consultant blog hop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tami these are fabulous well done Hugs Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...