Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Small Daily Difference

Last weekend I was in my LSS and I saw this cool product- all week I thought about it and when Sunshine said she wanted our projects this week to focus on the sentiment I decided to go ahead and do this type of project.  However, first, I got the bright idea to search and try to make my own- I found lots of resources for it BUT I couldn't get it to work-everything kept smearing.  Then, yesterday I was talking to my mom as I left school and I had pretty much decided NOT to go back to the LSS and get this product, well, the next thing I knew I parked right in front of my LSS!  So, since I was there I decided to go on in and get it.  By now you are thinking- WHAT in the world is this product?  It's Grafix Rub-Onz Transfer Film to make your own rub-ons!  It was a WHOLE lot easier than trying to make my own.  

Enough of the saga- here's the project.  This was super easy.  I bought a piece of plain wood (that you find at any craft store- I got mine at JoAnn's), painted it with acrylic paint and let it dry.  Then, I printed the sentiment out on the printer and followed the steps on the film package, added a few pearls and I was done :)

I decided to make it bright and cheery because this quote reminds me of my daily journeys and just seeing the yellow sitting up somewhere or hanging on a wall will definitely brighten my day!


Recipe:
Ink- NONE
Paper- NONE
Accessories- rub onz film, paint, wood block, and pearls


7 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow..what a great quote! And thanks for the info on the rub on transver film. I'd love to try that myself some day!

Just Me said...

fabulous quote and I LOVE your project!!!

JayLynn said...

Very pretty!

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Very cute!

Sunshine said...

Well, well, well! What a terrific project! My brain runneth over with inspiration thanks to you! I am going to try something today...not using the rub on film because I am pretty sure I have never seen it available at our M's but I have a couple of idea's up my sleeve! Thanks for posting such a wonderful project full of new idea's and inspiration! :)

Tracey said...

This is a very nice project. Great job thinking outside the box.

Kym Weber said...

This is totally awesome! Love that idea! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...