Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Small Daily Difference

Last weekend I was in my LSS and I saw this cool product- all week I thought about it and when Sunshine said she wanted our projects this week to focus on the sentiment I decided to go ahead and do this type of project.  However, first, I got the bright idea to search and try to make my own- I found lots of resources for it BUT I couldn't get it to work-everything kept smearing.  Then, yesterday I was talking to my mom as I left school and I had pretty much decided NOT to go back to the LSS and get this product, well, the next thing I knew I parked right in front of my LSS!  So, since I was there I decided to go on in and get it.  By now you are thinking- WHAT in the world is this product?  It's Grafix Rub-Onz Transfer Film to make your own rub-ons!  It was a WHOLE lot easier than trying to make my own.  

Enough of the saga- here's the project.  This was super easy.  I bought a piece of plain wood (that you find at any craft store- I got mine at JoAnn's), painted it with acrylic paint and let it dry.  Then, I printed the sentiment out on the printer and followed the steps on the film package, added a few pearls and I was done :)

I decided to make it bright and cheery because this quote reminds me of my daily journeys and just seeing the yellow sitting up somewhere or hanging on a wall will definitely brighten my day!


Recipe:
Ink- NONE
Paper- NONE
Accessories- rub onz film, paint, wood block, and pearls


7 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

oh wow..what a great quote! And thanks for the info on the rub on transver film. I'd love to try that myself some day!

Jeanne said...

fabulous quote and I LOVE your project!!!

Jenny said...

Very pretty!

Suzanne said...

Very cute!

Sunshine said...

Well, well, well! What a terrific project! My brain runneth over with inspiration thanks to you! I am going to try something today...not using the rub on film because I am pretty sure I have never seen it available at our M's but I have a couple of idea's up my sleeve! Thanks for posting such a wonderful project full of new idea's and inspiration! :)

Tracey said...

This is a very nice project. Great job thinking outside the box.

Kym Weber said...

This is totally awesome! Love that idea! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget