Saturday, October 17, 2009

FIRST EVER SUNSHINE STAMPS BLOG HOP!!!

Welcome to Sunshine's Stamps Grand Opening Event! We are so pleased to show you Sunshine's newest images and treat you to a mini-blog hop, a challenge, an in-store special and of course Blog Candy!

Here are the details: 

If you arrived here without starting at Sunshine's Blog  head on over there to start the blog hop and just follow the links on each blog to the next blog in the hop!! Be sure to leave a comment on every blog as you go because there is MYSTERY BLOG CANDY to be won and you can't win unless you comment on each blog in the hop! No one but Sunshine knows which blogs comments will be chosen to randomly win the Blog Candy!! And it's nice candy too!! So be sure to comment!

Next - we have a great challenge for you to play along with. You don't have to use Sunshine's Stamps
 
 images to play either! Head on over to Tami's blog - The Journey of Life (that's ME!) to see the challenge! The winner will receive 3 FREE IMAGES of THEIR CHOICE from Sunshine's Store!!
 

Here's my challenge for you!  As I mentioned a few posts down I am wanting to have some home decor that I create.  I used two AMAZING tutorials from SCS to create two different projects.  One uses an image to create home decor and the other is a candy treat "box".  

Home Decor is first:


I created this Altered Canvas using THIS TUTORIAL
I used the Sunflower Spray image and followed the tutorial just like it says only I didn't use photos (just the image).  Then, I added dots of brown and yellow pain around the spray and two SU rub ons to add some words to the canvas.  I would LOVE to know what you think of my project.  Now, as you can see I also created a card to go with my canvas using the same image.  I used the MMSC23 for this card.  If you have any questions about anything I used feel free to ask- because there's so much here I will not list everything I used unless you NEED to know!




For my second project I used the Pumpkin Pie image to create a Peek a Boo Treat Holder.  I really wanted to put a piece of pumpkin fudge inside or a Pumpkin Spice cookie but they didn't fit.  BUT, a Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin would fit PERFECTLY!  As you can see I used liquid applique on this "whipped cream".  Doesn't it look yummy and make a GREAT Thanksgiving card?  

Okay- enough talking- I'm sure you are ready to know what your challenge is: You are to make a card AND anything BUT a card.  You can use a tutorial that I used OR you can pick your own.  HERE is a great place to choose from!  Be sure to link up here when you do AND you don't have to use Sunshine Stamps to participate!

Finally, we are running an in-store special!! Buy any two or more images and receive Sunshine's Autumn Wreath Image FREE!!! 


Most of all we want you to have some fun! To have the opportunity to win some great images and blog candy and check out the great images Sunshine's Stamps has to offer! There are new images every week, so be sure to become a follower and keep an eye out for some other great events Sunshine's Stamps is going to be involved with between now and Christmas! 

Now lets have some blog hopping fun and get a little inky with the challenge! Have fun everyone!
 REMEMBER: the Grand Opening Event is Open from October 17th 8AM Central Time - October 20th 9PM Central Time to allow for those folks who are UBER busy on the weekend to have a chance to play early in the week! The winners will be announced FRIDAY, October 23rd on Sunshine's Blog so be sure to hop on over to see if you are a winner!!

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you have  fun at Sunshine's Stamps
 
 first event!!

CLICK ON THE NAME!

Sunshine 

Chrissy

*
Tami  YOU ARE HERE!!!
*
Heather 
*
Jenny
*
KY 
*
Kym
*
Stuffie
*
Jennifer H
*
*

Thanks for sticking with me through this VERY long post!  Enjoy the hop!

28 comments:

Kym Weber said...

Awesome projects, Tami! The canvas one turned out great! I love the whip cream on the pumbkin pie. Yum, Yum! My mouth is watering already for a slice.

Just Me said...

OH OH OH YOUR PROJECTS ARE FABULOUS!! tfs!!!

Beverly Bishop said...

Tami, your home decor is very unique and that pie makes me drool!

Susan Weatherford said...

I am lovin' your projects! TFS!

Carol Hurlock said...

Absolutely adore your Midnight Madness Sketch Card. I am a sunflower worshiper!!!! The sunflowers are magnificent. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. I am off to do your blog hop.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

JayLynn said...

Beautiful projects! I really love the pumpkin treat box :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Great projects. I love the pumpkin pie.

jan farnworth said...

love projects great job. the pumpkin card is very cute.

Nina said...

cute stuff here and that pie is giving me the craving for pumpkin pie now.. yum yum.... great job there!

Lee said...

Wonderful job Tami! The canvas is just gorgeous!!!! And that punkin pie....cute!!!!

C said...

Great projects Tami!! I love them all!! And that pumpkin pie looks good enough to eat! Yummmmmmm!

Suzanne said...

These are so cute! Love the pumpkin pie card.

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous projects! I love that pumpkin pie image!

Heather said...

Tami- I love your projects. That pumpkin pie looks so real with the 3D whipped cream!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are beautiful!! Love your yummy pie card!! They are both so bright and cheery. Great take on the MMSc sketch!! The flowers are beautiful paired with the fall colors. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week.

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful projects, so love the take on the MMSC23! Love the pumpkin pie projects and the whipped cream very effective, take careX:)

Scrapycandy said...

I only wish I could make cards like you do. That pie made me instantly hungry. I wish only the best for Sunshine stamps. So terrific!

Janice M said...

Cute projects Tami!

Melanie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Love the pumpkin pie the best!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Tami - how beautiful are those sunflowers!! Your card is gorgeous with the perfect colours!! Thank you for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. I look forward to seeing what you do next week. Be sure you visit our Blog Hop which is now up and running!
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous projects - you've all been sooo busy!
xXx

Sharon said...

What great projects they look fantastic.

Take Care
Sharon

redwasher1 said...

Yum! I love pumpkin pie!!My favorite. Cool projects, they look fantastic!!

Priscilla said...

I am on a one word kick today. The word I pick for your card is CHEERFUL!!
Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and if you have not had a chance to do our blog hop, please take a few minute and take the journey. It will be worth it, I promise ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carrie said...

Tami these are amazing!! I love your canvas that is gorgeous!! That pumpkin pie looks good enough to eat!! Hugs!

Carrie said...

http://stampermom23boys.blogspot.com/2009/10/tamis-challenge-for-sunshine-stamps.html

I did it. Yeah. Great challenge Tami! Hugs!

Tracey said...

WOW, the altered canvas is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Gloria Westerman said...

That's a neat idea. I think it's a really cool project. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...