Sunday, October 28, 2007

AAAGH!!!

Today was not a great day- but as my mother pointed out (thanks mom!)- it could have been worse!!! I had some issues with my car this past week- nothing major just the service engine light came on but it was not flashing at me and according to the dealers I talked to that's okay. So, I'm driving and today I get an hour and a half from home- I'm in Corbin, KY and I pull into the gas station/McDonald's to use the facilities and get something to eat. As I'm pulling in-- well, my car just dies! Completely shuts down. I get it started enough (twice) to move it into a parking spot out of the way. I try it a few times and sure enough- it turns over but then shuts down. I have an extended warranty that covers roadside assistance so I give them a call and they were a little helpful- they got everything set up for the tow to come out but then the lady was a bit rude to me on the phone. I sit there for an hour on the phone trying to find someone who is doing nothing on a Sunday to come pick me up and go out of the way 3 hours. The tow truck guy comes and the nearest Mitsubishi dealer is Lexington, KY- an hour the other way! So, I ask him how much to go to Knoxville- he comes back with the 2.50 per mile and the first 25 miles are free per my extended warranty. Okay- I think that's not too bad- we get in the truck after he gets it loaded up (which took a while since it would stay on) and we travel an hour and a half to Knoxville. he was a nice guy and I had lots of people praying me home. I take it to the dealer here in town and they have it locked up for the weekend and service opens at 7:30. No key box- nothing so I leave it at the dealer next door (they are owned by the same people) with a note on the envie with the key in the lock box. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow to try to get it taken care of. I have a ride to and from work tomorrow it's going to be iffy on time though since the service dept. closes at 5. I'll be trying to teach on my first day back and dealing with car stuff at the same time. Ugh!!!! Anyway, I'm thankful for good friends who helped me out and that I have the money to take care of this due to an adjustment in my attitude toward my financial status.

All that to say it may be a couple of days before I can get the cards posted and I got two GORGEOUS ones in the mail to post too! Have a great evening and I promise stamping related items will show up on this blog this week!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh no about your car! So aggravating but the extended warranty will help with the bill. I am glad you have a ride to and from school.

I didn't post in my blog but we had a 9 year old car and it died when my DH was about 90 miles away from his hotel where is is living until we move. We had to buy a car because the repairs were more than it was worth.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow... what an ordeal. Yikes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...